Traditional braces may be replaced with Invisalign, which offers patients a discreet and versatile orthodontic treatment option, depending on your case. Here are some things you should know before getting Invisalign near you:
- Invisalign requires commitment:
In order to attain the best outcomes, Invisalign aligners must be worn for 20 to 22 hours each day. Only when eating and cleaning your teeth should you take them out. Invisalign might not be the ideal choice for you if you are not prepared to make the commitment to wear the aligners as directed.
- Compared to conventional braces, Invisalign can be more expensive:
The complexity of the case and the length of the treatment affect how much Invisalign costs. Invisalign may occasionally cost more than conventional braces. However, a portion of the price may be covered by some dental insurance policies.
- Certain dental issues may not be treated with Invisalign:
Invisalign is successful in correcting mild to moderate orthodontic problems such as tooth crowding, spacing between teeth, and minor bite abnormalities. Nonetheless, serious dental issues could require the use of conventional braces or other orthodontic methods.
- Invisalign aligners require regular cleaning:
Cleaning your Invisalign aligners on a regular basis with a soft toothbrush and mild soap is essential to preventing discoloration and maintaining oral hygiene. Moreover, Invisalign provides unique cleaning supplies made especially for the aligners.
- The Invisalign treatment might be longer:
In some circumstances, the process could take longer than it would with conventional braces. This is due to the fact that Invisalign aligners provide gentler stress on teeth, and the course of treatment may need to be modified as a result.
- Invisalign can cause discomfort:
Like any orthodontic service, Invisalign has the potential to cause some discomfort as the teeth move into their new locations. Yet, because of the absence of metal wires and brackets, many patients report that Invisalign aligners are more convenient than conventional braces.
The importance of routine dental exams during Invisalign treatment: To track progress and make any required modifications throughout Invisalign treatment, periodic dental exams are crucial. Also, your dentist will offer advice on how to maintain good dental hygiene and look after your aligners.
How to Prepare Yourself for Getting Invisalign
A pleasant step toward a straighter, healthier smile is receiving Invisalign in Metrotown. Listening the advice noted below can help you get ready for this unique treatment:
- Locate a qualified and experienced orthodontist: Finding an expert dentist near you who specializes in Invisalign treatment is crucial. To discover a trustworthy orthodontist in your region, do some research and read reviews. Make an appointment for a consultation to go over your treatment objectives and decide whether Invisalign is the best choice for you.
- Know the treatment process: Before beginning Invisalign, be sure you are aware of the whole treatment process, including how long it will take, how frequently you will need to wear your aligners, and what to anticipate both during and after the treatment. Make sure you feel at ease with the process by speaking up and asking your orthodontist any questions you might have.
- Establish your budget: While Invisalign treatment might be expensive, it’s crucial to prepare a budget and comprehend the expense of care. Ask your insurance company if Invisalign is covered by your policy, and then go over your payment alternatives with our dentist in Metrotown.
- Maintain a healthy diet: It’s crucial to keep up a healthy diet during your Invisalign treatment since some foods might harm your aligners or result in tooth decay. Instead of eating meals that are hard, crunchy, or sticky, choose nutritious alternatives like fruits, vegetables, and lean meats.
- Maintain excellent oral hygiene: Practicing good oral hygiene is essential during Invisalign treatment to stave off gum disease and tooth decay. To avoid bacteria growth, brush and floss often, and clean your aligners every day.
Invisalign offers a discrete and adaptable alternative to conventional braces, making it a great orthodontic treatment choice for many individuals. If you’re thinking about getting Invisalign, visit us at Acu Dental & Orthodontics to see if it’s the best course of action for you.